Find out an overview of the application process.
Are you eligible to study International Relations Online? Have a look and find out:
- You have a genuine interest in global politics and/or area studies and a strong motivation to work in a challenging and intercultural environment.
- You hold a first university degree (BA, MA, Diploma, state examination, etc.), preferably in, but not limited to, Political Sciences, Humanities, or Social Sciences, including Law and Economics.
- You have at least one year of relevant postgraduate work experience.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have reliable access to adequate electronic equipment – in particular, internet access and a computer capable of working with multimedia course materials.
Please submit your application online via our application software.
To apply successfully, please have a look at our application checklist:
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- First university degree (BA, MA, Diploma, state examination, etc.).
- Letter of motivation (up to 500 words, in English)
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional referees (preferably in English, although German will be accepted)
- Employment reference letter or other proof of postgraduate work experience of at least one year (preferably in English, although German will be accepted)
- If English is not your native language, a language certificate verifying English proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent).
- Please provide a certified translation for all documentation written in any language other than German or English. Diplomatic missions are one way to receive certification. To find the nearest diplomatic mission in your country, please visit the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.